Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Start of Something

For as long as I can remember every year when Fat Tuesday (or as the Brits call it "Pancake Day") comes along I prepare myself for 40 days without sweets (no cake, cookies, chocolate, or candy), at this point it has become ritual that I started by following in suit behind both of my parents; I blame you both for my unbelievable sweet-tooth! ;-) But over the past few months I have been making an effort to eat healthier, and with this I have made an effort to limit my sweet in take. So I figured it wasn't really a sacrifice to give up sweets again this year and decided to think about something else I could give up that would be equally difficult...but after wracking my brain I realized that giving up something this year wasn't going to be a productive "Lent", and so decided that this year I would do something to improve myself. I made the decision that for the 40 days of Lent I would either Blog or write in my journal daily, this is something that I hoped to do from the time I arrived in England and I regret not doing, so my hope is that this short daily ritual will continue for the rest of my time here, and that way I will have a more solid record of my time abroad besides from my memories. I may not always write about my experiences here, but also about my thoughts, ideas, and dreams...so enjoy and I hope you all (you know, all of those regular readers I have out there..) will check this blog more regularly and I hope you enjoy. I am already a few days into this Lenten season, but am finding this more of a challenge than anticipated, so I am excited/anxious to see where this takes me.


"I've been a dancer, I've been a dancer all my life. But I'm not dancing round this one tonight." -Tyler Hilton

xo.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment